53rd International Ocean Liège colloquium
The 53rd Liege colloquium will investigate new developments and insights related to deoxygenation in open and coastal waters. The colloquium is a contribution to the Ocean Decade program Global Ocean Oxygen Decade (GOOD) and the definition of its sessions is aligned with GOOD activities.
More specifically, the following topics will be considered:
- Deoxygenation: understanding causes and attributing changes.
- Assessing open ocean and coastal deoxygenation variability and trends.
- Deoxygenation: observing and modelling
- Deoxygenation and ocean life
- Deoxygenation and co-stressors: understanding, monitoring and mitigating deoxygenation in the context of multiple stressors
- Ocean Deoxygenation - how the past can inform the future?
- Microbial Communities and their controls on biogeochemical feedbacks and interactions
- Deoxygenation, water quality and the climate system: understanding processes and feedbacks and developing actionable indicators
- Deoxygenation: ecosystem services, economic and societal consequences.
- Confronting deoxygenation and its impacts: translating science to management and policy
- on the website of the University of Liège: program, submission, ...