Data and Service Centres
The Data and Service Centres provide a set of operational functions for data management and/or processing, described in the "Specifications of the Data Centres".
Data centres ensure the provision of services on the following essential functions:
- Hosting and managing databases/products;
- Make data/products accessible and/or interoperable through the cluster portal;
- Maintaining the related documentation.
Some Data and Services Centres may provide additional services:
- Providing access to data/products via discovery, selection and extraction tools which are compatible with the Cluster’s main portal;
- Ensuring long-term archiving;
- Assigning DOIs;
- Synchronizing with international databases;
- Creating products related to a geographic area or topic;
- Providing processing tools;
- Providing computing resources.